www.etsy.com/shop/levansrn

Hi! Who ever thought I'd be a blogger? I'm doing this to connect with people who love creating things. Welcome!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cilantro Pesto

The other day, my daughter Annie and I went to the farmers market.  We found this great booth that sold a cilantro pesto and a "garlic mint Cheese".  Of course we had to get it! It was sooooo yummy.

So today, I tried to make some and I was totally successful this is what I did:

  Into the Cuisinart I put about a cup of walnuts and juice and zest of 1/2 lemon.  I put a tiny 1 inch jalapeño and mixed it up.  Then I put about 1/4 cup of white vinegar and a teaspoon of salt.  Mixed that up, then added 2 lovely fresh bunches of cilantro. Mixed that up and then added water to make it a nice saucy consistency.  There you have it! Adjust the salt to taste.

Then for the garlic mint cheese I put 3 or 4 cloves of garlic with a nice handful of mint and mixed it up in the Cuisinart until it was all chopped up then I added 1/2 a large container of plain yogurt and mixed that up.

Soooo easy!

I served it on warm corn tortillas, but you could use pita or any flat bread.

Yay!!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
Locations of visitors to this page